WEEK Three
We are moving smoothly towards the next steps of our online course. Its getting more interesting,more useful and more informative. We were involved in reading activities this week, we read two articles about the oral/aural skills. I went through the article "New Perspectives in Teaching Pronunciation" of learning pronunciation through web and other useful techniques, it was very interesting and useful because we can find out the pronunciation master online from Internet. Its easy and fruitful to get online and find out the solution regarding any English language problem, it wasn't that much easy before I got to know about many good things I didn't know before.
The sample projects of previous course students were very interesting and informative, I read the article of Aleyda
Linares from National Pedagogical University, Honduras. A teacher who worked very hard with his students and provided many good opportunities to the students. The students were also very hard worker and intelligent, they followed the rules and took benefits from the opportunity. The teacher used blog for the interaction, Where as he could use other websites for learning, some English games websites and grammar etc.
Delicious (Tasty).
![]() |
| www.delicious.com |
My this week's favorite activity was the creation of account in delicious website. It is website where we can put the links of our favorite websites and we can access it from any computer anywhere and anytime, the tags portion is as well very interesting because it is now not a problem to deal with categories of websites, yes we can separate the categories and create our own and can add any website link from other users page.
I always used to be worried about the favorite websites, sometimes I used to create a word file and paste the links sometimes to bookmark it but when the computer OS corrupts all the work use to go in vain and it was limited as well.
Beside the course context I am very pleased with the instructor DONA she is always there for our help and assistance. I faced less teachers in my life who were that much sincere with their duty and students.
Week 3 is coming to an end and we look forward to week 4 for better opportunities of learning.

Hello Nasir,
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed creating my own Delicious page. Like you, I used to bookmark my favorite websites on my computer. I've lost my bookmarks a couple of times because of some problems with the computer I had. I can say it was really frustrating and annoying! Now as I know about Delicious and can use it, I feel safe.
Anna
Hi Nasir,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more on Delicious being the most fun task we had this week. It is also the one we can benefit from the fastest as we now have a good way of saving all the useful links we find or hear about. The material on aural/oral skills was naturally very useful as well, but a lot of it will need some time to process it and to find the most convenient sites and tools to use with each of our student groups.
Tuula